Newark Town Council has the following markets: Newark Market
- Monday (except Bank Holidays) – collectors/antiques market
- Wednesday – general retail market
- Thursday – collectors/antiques market
- Friday – general retail market
- Saturday – general retail market
Here is the Council’s response to our Freedom of Information request:
Q: Do you allow stall holders at your markets to sell real fur? (including small items such as knitted hats with fur bobbles, or key rings with fur trims etc.
The Council allows the sale of fur. They have asked to see our Fur Free Markets policy to consider.
Real fur is cruel and unnecessary. Please urge the Council to ban the sale of real fur on their markets and adopt the official Fur Free Markets policy by contacting Ian Harrison, Markets Manager, email: email@example.com